Sunday 21 June 2015

June Challenge for Indigoblu - Flutterby

Hello everyone,
Thanks for dropping by , here is my piece for the June 2015 Indigoblu challenge. the title is Flutterby.
I decided to alter a MDF heart that I have had lurking in my craft room for a while, you know how it is, you buy stuff! and then forget about it only to stumble upon it at a later date.

Well first of all I painted gesso onto to the surface, then I stamped images using archival ink, the colour is coffee.
The stamps I used are listed here-  wild meadow , Sarah's choice and Ink splat butterfly .

After the stamped images had dried I used 3D matt gel through a stencil

 When it was dry I lightly brushed the raised areas with gold mica powder.

The butterflies were stamped onto thin white card using Perfect medium by ranger,
Mica powders were added to give colour and shine, I then cut them out, love fussy cutting.

I made wire bodies and antenna for the butterflies wrapping thin copper wire around a brush and a pencil, this was glued onto the butterflies using heavy gel medium.

The words art,inspire and vintage were stamped and cut out and glued to the heart ,I scrunched them up a little first though.(I made extra paper to match the butterflies)

The bottle top is from a prima embellishment pack, I stamped on paper and cut a circle out which I stuck to the  bottom of the bottle top then added clear gel medium and micro beads.

I added Hessian for texture, the butterflies and bottle top were glued on using heavy gel medium.

I stamped waxed paper with the script  from Sarah's choice then punched out butterflies using stampin up punches, these were attached to wire and dangled below the heart.

The edges were rubbed with treasure gold.  Ribbon and twine  put through the loop to hang the heat.


Hope you like my interpretation of the challenge follow the link ...... http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  for the details of the challenge.


I just love to read your comments, thank you for reading my blog
lots of love
Julie xxx

9 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

FANTASTIC Julie! Love all the background textures and the little dangly butterflies!

rachel said...

this is beautiful julie - love it to pieces! Big hugs rachel x

Lydia Boode said...

wonderful love you big heart,
nice to work with you

hugs
Lydia

julie said...

Thank you Gez xx

julie said...

Glad you like it Rachel thank you x

julie said...

Thanks Lydia xxxx

julie said...

Thanks Lydia xxxx

julie said...

Glad you like it Rachel thank you x

Unknown said...

Hi Julie! thats a brilliant entry, love what you have done - its so full of texture and interest. Lovely! Cxx